Here at PetMedics we are proud to be able to offer a range of surgical procedures, led by our certificate-holding referral veterinary surgeons – Bruce Tatton, Dimitar Dzhambazov, Michelle Garvey and Helen Baxter.
Services include but are not limited to:
The types of soft tissue surgical procedures we perform at Petmedics include:
- Upper respiratory tract surgery (eg brachycephalic obstruction airway syndrome (BOAS), tracheostomies).
- Urogenital surgery (eg ectopic ureter, nephrectomy/nephrotomy, cystotomy, urethrostomy, prostatic surgery).
- Head and neck surgery (eg total ear canal ablation and lateral bulla osteotomy (TECA-LBO), ventral bulla osteotomy, salivary mucocele, thyroidectomy).
- Abdominal surgery (eg splenectomy, extrahepatic portosystemic shunt, gastric dilatation-volvulus (GDV), hepatic lobectomy, biliary diversion surgery, gallbladder removal for mucocele).
- Thoracic surgery (eg vascular ring anomalies, lung lobectomy, diaphragmatic hernia repair).
- Oncological surgery and subsequent chemotherapy (eg large mass removal, skin flaps and grafts).
At Petmedics we investigate and treat a range of orthopaedic conditions.
Some of the types of surgical procedures include:
- Treatment of CCLD (cranial cruciate ligament disease)
- CCWO (Cranial closing wedge osteotomy.
- LTFS (Lateral tibio-fabellar suture).
- Treatment of patellar luxation
- TTT (Tibial tuberosity transposition).
- Lameness diagnosis and treatment.
- Fracture repair
- Internal fixation.
- External skeletal fixation.
- Coxofemoral luxation repair
- Hip toggle.
- FHNO (femoral head and neck ostectomy).
The above list is not exhaustive. Please feel free to get in touch if you have a question or need advice about a case.
Thanks to our 24-hour hospital care we are able to offer the highest standards of pre and post-operative care, especially ensuring that pain relief is adequate in the immediate post op-operative period.
We can only accept referrals from veterinary surgeons. If you think your pet may need a referral, please speak to your veterinary surgeon who will be able to advise.
If you would like more information on any of the above services then please contact us.